Heron Point Golf Course
Heron Point Golf Course, located in the Hilton Head Island resort, Sea Pines, has recently been redesigned by well-known golf course architect Pete Dye.
The course now emphasizes fairways with more dramatic angles and continually shifting elevations, along with a variety of grass, sand, mulch, and limestone surfaces. Furthermore, 13 of the holes contain water in play, in conjunction with tree stands, doglegs, long bunkers, and unpredictable obstacles that Dye strategically positioned within the fairways.
In short, Heron Point Golf Course is nothing shy of a genuine modern golf masterpiece. Heron Point Golf Course is a truly memorable experience to add to any golf vacation in Hilton Head.
There are 7 sets of tee areas that play to distances and slopes measuring:
- 7,103 yards/143 slope,
- 7,007 yards/142 slope,
- 6,625 yards/135 slope,
- 6,168 yards/127 slope for men and 139 for women,
- 5802 yards/123 slope for men and 133 for women,
- 5,261 yards/112 slope for men and 123 for the ladies,
- and the family tees play to 3,742 yards.
For women, the forward set of tees play 5,261 yards. This set, as well as the 5,800-yard Carolina tees and 6,168-yard Sea Pines tees, are rated for women.
Par 72 – Yardage 3743/7103 – Slope 112/143 – Course Rating 66.4/75.4 – Fairway Grass is Bermuda/Rye – Greens are MiniVerde.
LF = Lady Friendly
- Aerification June 8-11, 2020 Closed all day.
- Aerification August 3-6, 2020 Closed all day.
- Overseeding Greens, Tees, Fairways & Rough: Week of October 19, 2020 (no closing).
- Fully stocked Pro Shop
- We sell cigars
- Bar & Grill
- Showers are available
- Golf Pro onsite
- Golf Lessons at $ 125.00 a hour
- Club rentals at $ 60.00
- Range balls $ 8.00 a bag
- Driving range
- Putting greens
- Practice sand bunkers
- Beverage cart on course
- No GPS